Show your commitment to proper tree care! This 2008 reprint makes Modern Arboriculture one of the most studied, requested and acclaimed books of Dr. Alex L. Shigo. Its about new and better ways to help trees stay healthy, safe and attractive. Modern Arboriculture covers the tree system; how it grows, how it defends itself, and how it eventually dies. It is about using your mind as well as your muscles. Shigo claims many of the old treatments have hurt the tree system and arborists must make adjustments to old practices. The book covers common tree treatments, and other seldom discussed subjects such as: symplast, tyloses, reaction wood, protection wood, genetics of CODIT, infection pathways, canker rots, wound reactions, energy flow, ATP, glycolysis, enzymes, mass-energy ratio, three-tree concept, core-skin hypothesis, mycorrhizae and phenological patterns. Includes plenty of illustrations and photographs.
- The modern arborists 'bible'
- Over 420 pages covering the urban management of trees
- New and better ways to help trees stay healthy, safe and attractive
- Find out all about the tree system: how trees grow, how they defend themselves and eventually how they die
- the definitive book on the subject of modern arboriculture